Delicious, Guilt-Free Vegetarian Beet Burgers
Vegetarian * Gluten-Free with modifications
- 2 cups grated beets (about 3/4 pound)
- 2 cups grated carrots (about 1/2 pound)
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 cup grated rBGH-free Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sunflower seeds, toasted
- 2 large free-range eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/2 cup grated onion (about 1 medium)
- 1/4 cup oil
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour (substitute for gluten free flour)
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Ground red pepper (cayenne), to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Generously grease a rimmed baking sheet.
3. Combine beets, carrots, rice, cheese, sunflower seeds, eggs, sesame seeds, onion, oil, flour, parsley, garlic, soy sauce, and red pepper.
4. Form mixture into patties and bake 25 to 30 minutes or until firm and vegetables are cooked through.
Serve these up with gluten-free burger buns and fries (sweet potato are my favorite) and you're set!
Did you make a variation of this yummy recipe? Send me your pictures on my Facebook page!