Easy Three Bean Vegetarian Slow Cooker Chili
This is a simple, quick recipe for a vegetarian chili that can be cooked (almost) entirely in a Crockpot and compliments a good, old-fashioned grilled cheese sandwich beautifully! I cannot begin to explain how much I looooove me some Pinterest! I found this recipe from blogger ChocolateandCarrots over at Blissfully Domestic, but made some alternations to the original ingredient list.
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cans (15 oz ea) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cans (15 oz ea) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cans (15 oz ea) pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (14.5 oz) no salt added corn, drained
- 1 can (14.5 oz) no salt added diced tomatoes
- 1 can (8 oz) no salt added tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon diced jalapeños (optional but amazing!)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon "21 seasoning salute" from Trader Joe's (or an Italian seasoning similar)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a sauce pan, cook the carrot and onions in olive oil until tender.
2. Add all the ingredients (including carrot and onion) into the slow cooker and stir until combined.
3. Cook on low for 6-8 hours, stirring occasionally. I cook it for about 6 hours and it's perfect!