2. Farmer's Market. Within walking distance of percival landing, Olympia's Farmer's Market is a bustling hotspot for tourists and locals alike. Feel the true spirit of the city while munching on good eats and grabbing some fresh produce.
3. Capitol Lake. Olympia, believe it or not, is the capitol of Washington State (not Seattle)! Our capitol building is gorgeous, and the lake around it is the perfect place for a morning walk or a destination to share ice cream on the grass. Don't forget to pop into the capitol building for a tour!
4. Anthony's Homeport. One of the most delicious restaurants in Olympia has to be Anthony's Homeport (seafood grill). Enjoy a mouth-watering crabcake dish along with some bailey's Irish cream chocolate mousse for dessert. While savoring your dinner, their view of the sound will leave you breathless!
5. Vic's Pizzeria. A local pizzeria with two Olympia locations provides the best vegan and gluten-free options in town (and regular pizza for those without dietary restrictions, too)! Don't forget to try their vegan chocolate cake... you won't regret it.
6. Peace, Love, Raw. Yummy raw sandwiches with the best sauerkraut in town (OlyKraut) make your tastebuds tickle! Along with raw, vegan desserts, salads, and sushi, Peace, Love, Raw is the go-to lunch spot in downtown Olympia.
7. The Urban Onion. Don't ask me how this bustling restaurant and bar in downtown Olympia right across the street from Sylvester Park (the central park in downtown) gained its name. I do know this liberal location is a welcoming place for all. Pop by and enjoy a drink while experiencing the latest local band or drag show.
8. Meconi's Subs. If you're a fan of sub sandwiches, you HAVE to go to Meconi's. With their multiple locations scattered around Olympia and surrounding cities, they're easy to locate and equally as delicious anywhere you go.
9. Hands On Children's Museum. The award-winning, well-respected children's museum is jam-packed with fun galleries and interactive, hands-on exhibits that teach the value of education. The museum also offers Adult Swim (21+ social gatherings) events with awesome themes, such as their upcoming Selfie Science!
10. Priest Point Park. This park is perfect for small or big gatherings, complete with a intricate playground, cooking stations, a beach that looks over downtown, and a beautiful floral garden.
Have more Olympia highlights to add to this list? Leave your comments!