22 Things I Learned in 22 Years
Today, I turn 22! It feels like just another year, another birthday. 20 and 21 were the big ones--the ones I went all out for! For my 20th, I had a big party with all my closest friends and folks, and I went out to the bar with a good friend on my 21st, followed by various bar outings with other friends.
Now, it just feels like I turned another year old and another year passed me by. I'm going to have to wait until the big 3-0 for my next birthday bash. However, I suppose I should stop being a Negative Nancy and just enjoy it--I'm glad to be alive for another day!
Today, I compiled a list of the 22 things I've learned by age 22:
1. We are all equal and all deserve the best of compassion from others.
2. We all have the power to change the world (yes, even one person).
3. Beets are gross and I hate them. Obama's a smart man.
4. Our life's duty on this earth is to help others make it through life, too. We're simply a sounding board.
5. A woman can do everything a man can (and better/more) and shouldn't be shamed for it.
6. Everyone perceives situations differently and nothing should be taken personally from the get-go.
7. Pizza is the solution to everything. Oh, and a good lemon drop cocktail. Or coffee.
8. God is good (all the time).
9. Day designers and planners are truly amazing and you should always use one--or risk losing your mind.
10. Comedy heals the soul.
11. All you need is love.
12. The best music in the world came from The Beatles and Michael Jackson.
13. If you want to go after a dream, don't doubt yourself--doing it and failing is better than regretting it.
14. A girls' night (or day) out is so important for your sanity.
15. You're not the kind of girl who settles. Keep not settling.
16. Opening a business of your passion can be a fabulous experience.
17. Family is everything, but sometimes you have to redefine "family".
18. Education is one of the greatest blessings of this world. Always continue a love of learning even after university.
19. There's a reason for everything, and as Dev Patel said: "Everything will be all right in the end. If it's not all right, it is not yet the end."
20. Stop doing sh*! you hate. That's not a life that you will love.
21. Your body is a temple. Just remember: any substances you put in are a reflection of how you feel (whether these are drugs, or simply food!).
22. Striving to become less ethnocentric is vital and traveling will get you there.
What are a few things you have learned by your age? Share in the comments!