This week's #52Lists Project prompt is "Your Accomplishments". While it may be awkward to brag on yourself, it's necessary for self growth and confidence building. There ain't nothin' wrong with listing your accomplishments, girl! Join me in jotting:
- Overcoming my crippling anxiety and learning better coping mechanisms, leaving an environment of harmful bullying and hatred to make a better life for myself.
- After a tumultuous experience in public schooling, being a nominee of Student of the Month awards three times, each time by a different subject department - including some of my worst subjects!
- Returning to the public school system after homeschooling and living in my hermit shell (yes, that REALLY is an accomplishment for worriers like me!).
- Getting accepted to a 4 year college and leaving with my Bachelor's degree.
- Entertaining two, two-quarter internships as a college student, catapulting myself into the world of marketing and all things Internet. Without these internships, who knows what/where I would be.
- Being a pretty darn fantastic friend, family member (or daughter) and romantic partner.
- Serving 6 years on a local nonprofit's Board of Directors, fighting for LGBTQ equal rights and dignity as a fellow LGBTQ individual, advocating on behalf of those who don't have a voice growing up.
- Receiving a letter from Southern Poverty Law Center co-founder Morris Dees that my name was added to the Wall of Tolerance in Montgomery, Alabama as an individual that has chosen to take a stand against hatred and intolerance.
- Later receiving a beautiful advocacy award for my work with the previously mentioned nonprofit.
- Launching my business at 21 years old, while wrapping up college and juggling another part-time job on the side. Then leaving that job 6 months later to pursue my business full-time. The big name clients and annual revenue have become my latest accomplishment.
- Co-founding my local Oly Girlboss Collective group, a support and networking group for female entrepreneurial business owners in the Olympia, Washington surrounding areas. We're up to 100+ members and growing every week!
- Getting out of bed each and every morning to awake to a new, fresh start. That's the best accomplishment of all that I never take for granted. Agreed?
What does your list include?
I'm participating in the #52ListsProject created by the founder of Moorea Seal, a Seattle-based boutique with the adventuresome spirit of the great Pacific Northwest, plus a fresh, chic and sleek approach to modern women's accessories and decor with a touch of rustic sensibility. Join me, won't you?
IF YOU ENJOY THIS POST, YOU MAY ENJOY THESE, TOO!
THE BLOGGER: KATHRYN COFFMAN
Kathryn is the lead contributor + founder at FashionablyFrank.com. Obsessed with leading a life of balance, she started the blog in 2013. Since graduating college in 2016, she is now a digital marketing specialist through her business, Fashionably Frank Marketing. She believes a cup of coffee is the answer to life's problems + that all women should embrace a #girlboss mantra.