Calling all entrepreneurs (and aspiring entrepreneurs)! For us business folk, inspiration is everything that we look to for pep talks and reassurance. These best quotes about business are sure to uplift and energize.
1. "Show up even when no one applauds you for it." -Unknown
2. "When it feels scary to jump, that's exactly when you jump. Otherwise you end up staying in the same place your whole life. And that I can't do." -Unknown
3. "I am not lucky. You know what I am? I am smart, I am talented, I take advantage of the opportunities that come my way and I work really, really hard. Don't call me lucky, call me a badass." -Shonda Rhimes
4. "You're far too smart to be the only thing standing in your way." -Unknown
5. "A brand is what a business does, reputation is what people remember." -Ted Rubin
6. "Know that you can start late, look different, be uncertain and still succeed." -Misty Copeland
7. "You are the only one who can limit your greatness. Remember you are enough." -Unknown
8. "Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will." -Karim Seddiki
9. "Don't be afraid to give up the good to go for the great." -John D. Rockefeller
10. "If you can't feed a team with two pizzas, it's too big." -Jeff Bezos
11. "Chase the vision, not the money, the money will end up following you." -Tony Hsieh
12. "Investing in people is how we grow." -Howard Schultz
13. "What do you need to start a business? Three simple things: know your product better than anyone, know your customer and have a burning desire to succeed." -Dave Thomas
14. "Risk more than others think is safe. Dream more than others think is practical." -Howard Schultz
15. "Storytelling remains basic: it's just a campfire, the human connection that says you're not alone." -Shonda Rhimes
16. "The real test is not whether you avoid this failure, because you won't. It's whether you let it harden or shame you into inaction, or whether you learn from it; whether you choose to persevere." -President Barack Obama
17. "Fall seven times and stand up eight." -Japanese proverb
18. "Successful people do what unsuccessful people are not willing to do. Don't wish it were easier; wish you were better." -Jim Rohn
19. "Don't take too much advice. Most people who have a lot of advice to give — with a few exceptions — generalize whatever they did. Don't over-analyze everything. I myself have been guilty of over-thinking problems. Just build things and find out if they work." -Ben Silbermann
20. "There's lots of bad reasons to start a company. But there's only one good, legitimate reason, and I think you know what it is: it's to change the world." -Phil Libin
21. "If you are not willing to risk the usual, you will have to settle for the ordinary." -Jim Rohn
22. "When you find an idea that you just can't stop thinking about, that's probably a good one to pursue." -Josh James
23. "You must be the change you wish to see in the world." -Mahatma Gandhi
24. "Yesterday’s home runs don’t win today’s games." -Babe Ruth
25. "Once you free yourself from the need for perfect acceptance, it’s a lot easier to launch work that matters." –Seth Godin
26. "Winners take time to relish their work, knowing that scaling the mountain is what makes the view from the top so exhilarating." -Denis Waitley
27. "People don’t believe what you tell them. They rarely believe what you show them. They often believe what their friends tell them. They always believe what they tell themselves." -Seth Godin
What is your favorite quote from this roundup? Have one to add? Leave it in the comments!
IF YOU ENJOY THIS POST, YOU MAY ENJOY THESE, TOO!
THE BLOGGER: KATHRYN COFFMAN
Kathryn is the lead contributor + founder at FashionablyFrank.com. Obsessed with leading a life of balance, she started the blog in 2013. Since graduating college in 2016, she is now a digital marketing specialist through her business, Fashionably Frank Marketing. She believes a cup of coffee is the answer to life's problems + that all women should embrace a #girlboss mantra.