Introduced with probably the sexiest food photo I've ever taken, this cranberry salsa over cream cheese recipe from What's Cooking America is a delicious, tangy yet sweet treat for the holidays!
Cranberry Salsa Over Cream Cheese
- 1 (12-ounce bag) or 3 cups fresh cranberries, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup minced green onions
- 2 small (approximately 2 tablespoons) jalapeno chile peppers, cored, seeded, and minced
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, minced
- 2 tablespoons finely-grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese
- Cranberries and/or cilantro sprigs for garnish
Takes 4 H 20 min, serves 1 1/2 cups.
- Rinse, drain, and pick over cranberries, discarding all that are soft or bruised.
- Place the cranberries in a food processor; pulse until finely chopped but not mushy.
- Place chopped cranberries in a bowl; mix together with onions, jalapeno peppers, sugar, cilantro leaves, ginger and lemon juice.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 4 hours so flavors develop (salsa will be too sharp and tart to begin with).
How did it turn out? Let me know how you altered the recipe to fit your cravings.