Sometimes we all just need a pampering night in with ourselves. Yes, ourselves. A date night with myself is one of my favorite things, and although I'm a natural extrovert, I can use some time to decompress. Because I don't have many nights (or mornings) to myself this quarter in college working my little butt off, a serious decompress sesh is necessary. Here's my favorite 8 ideas for a date night with myself:
1. SPA NIGHT: Bubble bath galore! Pour yourself a glass of wine and relax in the tub. Then perhaps indulge in a pedicure and/or manicure, as well as a facial.
2. MOVIE NIGHT: Catch a flick at home or in the theater--all to yourself! Chick flicks are the best.
3. COOKING NIGHT: Treat yourself to a delicious homemade meal. Buy some groceries and cook for just yourself and no one else.
4. SHOPPING NIGHT: Save up a small bit and take yourself shopping for that new pretty dress!
5. MUSIC NIGHT: Crank up the sound! Pick a playlist of your favorite tunes and dance around your apartment, get some cleaning done or simply take a nap. Who said the little things didn't matter too?
6. WEB NIGHT: Grab your laptop and start pinning, tweeting, sharing! Perhaps I'm just biased, but a night on the Internet (that does not consist of work) is the most fun for me. I love gaining new outfit inspiration on Pinterest and reading the latest "pop psychology" self-help article on StumbleUpon.
7. FITNESS NIGHT: Okay, so it's almost March and you might be falling behind on those New Year's resolutions (I totally am!)... plan an intricate night of fitness with everything from yoga to a little HIIT (high-intensity interval training).
8. READING NIGHT: Whether you're curled up in bed with a good book in the comfort of your own home, or out drinking a cup of espresso at the local bookstore reading a new release, reading can make for a solid self-date.
How do you like to spend a relaxing night in (or out) with yourself? Share in the comments!