- Life never turns out the way you planned - it's funny like that.
Ha. Ha. I promise I'm laughing.
- No one can define or claim you/your abilities. You know yourself best!
- If you go through a decent jewelry company, resizing a ring is free. WHAT. And here I was lazily going without a ring for six months because I thought it'd cost a fortune!
- I'm not sure the Kardashians were right about the Lumee phone case.
- Snow is a true blessing. You may not be driving, but you will see the goodness and childlike spirit come out in fellow humans.
- You must think through your white elephant gifts! You can't gift something that isn't usable by a majority of guests + you shouldn't gift something that is cheap - I'm sorry! #PartyPooper
- I've gone through my entire life without an ugly Christmas sweater. Girl, how!?
- This meme is pretty much everything I'm living for lately:
- The most ironic changes can happen when you least expect them to. They are our blessings in disguise confirming that we are on the right life path + hold the correct vision for how we, individually, are supposed to walk this earth.
- Pound cake is good. Even better if you add a dash of lemon.
- Ask Alexa to "Open the Magic Door". Just do it.
- I absolutely suck at micro-blogging on Instagram, but I'm trying! If you haven't already, follow my feed. Also, what the heck is up with the lack of spacing + formatting abilities in the latest update, IG!?
- Facebook reveals more than I'd like it to about people's loyalties. If they're not liking your statuses but are obsessing over your mutual friends, there's a pretty good chance they don't like you all that much. #ISeeYou
- Waffles on a stick are pretty much God's greatest creation. You know, other than stuffed garlic knots from Pizza Hut ;)
- My heated blanket is the only way I'm going to survive this winter! Pro $$$ Saving Tip: Invest in a heated blanket and bundle up. I've found that a wall plugin uses way less energy than heating your whole space.
- Aldo handbags are fantastic! I recently received the Deroloru style for Christmas (no longer available on the website), but I also love the Ametrine style that is still up. Why am I so late to the bandwagon!?
- As a final and important tidbit, this piece is so calming as we welcome a new year!
What are your reflections from recent moments?
I'd love to hear your newest find or lesson!
"Everyday Reflections" is a series written by Kathryn regarding her daily life musings, wisdom and favorite finds. It has no set schedule - it is born out of the lessons learned on a regular basis, recorded when they feel most right. Its purpose is a diary - a documentation of what's experienced in a particular period of a life's story. Click here to read more from the series.
IF YOU ENJOYED THIS POST,
YOU MAY ENJOY THESE, TOO!
BLOGGER: KATHRYN COFFMAN
Kathryn is the lead contributor + founder at FashionablyFrank.com. Obsessed with leading a life of balance, she started the blog in 2013. Since graduating from The Evergreen State College (Washington) in 2016, she is now a digital marketing specialist through her business, Fashionably Frank Marketing. She believes a cup of coffee is the answer to all of life's problems + that all women should strive to embrace a #girlboss mantra.