I have Celiac disease, meaning I'm severely allergic to gluten. I've been gluten free for a few years now, and I've been feeling better than ever! Today, I'm showing you how to make my very favorite cupcakes (with a Fashionably Frank) twist--let's just call this the Fashionably Frank cupcake recipe!
Although I've been feeling amazing without gluten, the lack of gluten can often times mean lack of flavor in many dishes. I've put in a lot of time and effort to improve my own recipes (and gluten-free baking skills).
My birthday was August 22 and I held a little get together to celebrate. Being gluten-free, I wasn't about to have a party where I couldn't eat the cake! I always find that my favorite gluten-free treats come from my own kitchen.
After I made the cupcakes my first time around, I realized that they matched the Fashionably Frank brand perfectly! I used gold cupcake liners, vanilla frosting and blue sanding sugar!
What better way to celebrate my belated birthday than to show you how I make my favorite Fashionably Frank-inspired, gluten-free, chocolate mini cupcakes!
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
Betty Crocker Gluten Free Devil's Food Cake Mix
Betty Crocker Vanilla Frosting
Blue Sanding Sugar
1 Cup Water
1 Stick Butter
Gold Cupcake Liners
All of these ingredients can be found in most grocery stores plus larger chains such as Walmart, Fred Meyer or Target.
1. Start by preheating your oven to 350°F and place the liners into your pan.
2. Beat cake mix, water, butter and eggs in a large bowl on low speed for 30 seconds. Using a mixer would be best, but if not, just make sure to whisk extremely well! After this, mix on a medium speed for 2 minutes.
3. Pour your mixture into cupcake liners, with enough room left on the top for the cupcakes to rise.
4. Bake for 18 - 23 minutes until a toothpick or fork is able to come out of the center clean.
(I like to use a mini cupcake pan and liners for extra cuteness)!
5. Let your cupcakes cool when they come out of the oven, so the frosting won't melt.
6. Then, add your frosting (generously!) and top it off with bright blue sanding sugar for an extra sweet touch!
Did you try the Fashionably Frank cupcake recipe!? We'd love to see your finished plate! Send us your photos on our Facebook page or tweet us at @franklyKathryn and @rainydayraised!
BLOGGER: EMMA CRANE
Emma is a part-time contributor at FashionablyFrank.com, bringing her love for travel and exploration. Since graduating from The Evergreen State College (Washington) in 2013 and living in London, England for almost 1.5 years, she is now a flight attendant with Alaska Airlines. In her spare time, she enjoys embroidery, travel + breakfast food.