In honor of us nearly reaching the middle of 2016 (WOW - time sure does fly right by, doesn't it!?), I figured I'd revisit my long "life list" of goals back from 2013 (revised from an earlier 2010 version).
Of course, we all have goals for before we "kick the bucket", and these are the top 100 of mine, tailored to reflect my current life - much different from my life in 2013.
I was inspired by author and blogger Maggie Mason who posted her well-known “life list” on her site, attracting many others to do the same. I’d really like to complete these items before my time on earth is up…
1. Climb to the top of a taaaall, taaaall mountain peak.
2. Publish a teenage confidence/self-help book.
3. Publish a children’s story book.
4. Go on a spur-of-the-moment vacation. ✓
5. Take a lesson on public speaking/take a debate class. ✓
6. Live in Canada.
7. Start or help a charity group.
8. Join the movement against cancer.
9. Vacation in Colorado.
10. Meet an idol.
11. Learn hip-hop dancing.
12. Meet Paul McCartney/go to a concert before he retires. ✓
13. Learn how to use my espresso maker properly (we sold the espresso maker after too many failed attempts).
14. Try Chinese cuisine.
15. Study dog language.
16. Go to a drive-in movie.
17. Work full-time for a non-profit organization I am passionate about.
18. Take an art class for the enjoyment.
19. Research my family history (both biological and non-biological). ✓
20. See a Kevin Hart, Kathy Griffin, Dane Cook, or Wanda Sykes stand-up.
21. Meet a President.
22. Honeymoon in either Paris or the Bahamas.
23. Stay at the Atlantis resort.
24. Learn and implement more eco-friendly habits in life.
25. Become bi-lingual.
26. Design my own shirts.
27. Have a dog as a pet (not my parents' dog).
28. Obtain a Master's in Communications or Media Studies.
29. Take a road trip.
30. Live in an apartment or shared small house. ✓
31. Buy a dress (or like, a hundred dresses) from Nordstrom.
32. Purchase a designer handbag. ✓
33. Vacation in Newport Beach, California.
34. Experience New Years in Times Square.
35. Shop in “The Big Apple”.
36. Join an anti-bullying campaign.
37. Visit Mexico.
38. Vacation in Europe, stopping in Ireland.
39. Dine in a Scottish cafe.
40. Go zip-lining.
41. Learn what it takes to create a social networking website (ex: Facebook).
42. Take a culinary class.
43. Give birth at least once with a doula by my side.
44. Take a self-defense class.
45. Dance in public.
46. Follow through with a detox.
47. Skate on the Lake Placid, NY ice rink.
48. Survive a wisdom teeth removal. ✓
49. Learn to accept spiders (... I'm getting there).
50. Learn Russian.
51. Tend to an annual garden.
52. Dive in to the depths of journalism. ✓
53. Attend the Olympic games.
54. Visit Sergei Grinkov’s grave.
55. Gain more knowledge about geography.
56. See a Broadway play.
57. Learn Japanese tea mannerisms.
58. Attend a meditation retreat.
59. Get a great ground photo of myself by the Eiffel Tower.
60. Go vegan.
61. Work at least two years in retail. ✓
62. Re-learn Spanish.
63. Experience hypnosis.
64. Maintain a healthy, happy long-term occupation.
65. Be a “cool, hip” grandma.
66. Adopt a child.
67. Donate $1,000 to charity.
68. Teach a class.
69. Speak at a marketing conference.
70. Join a business networking group.
71. Swim with dolphins.
72. Get married by age 30.
73. Have at least five skilled interns (*and pay them).
74. Reach a six figure salary.
75. Attend a top marketing summit.
76. Meet Philip Zimbardo or Elliot Aronson in person.
77. Read 10 books in one month.
78. Mentor a college student in business, just like I was mentored.
(more to come…!)
What are some items on your life list? Please inspire me to add more items to mine!