Summer's almost here, gals! As we gear up for another set of sunny days and popsicles, I'm silently compiling a list of items for a summer bucket list.
1. See a drive-in movie.
2. Go glamping. Here in Olympia, we have adorable camping "cabins". Aren't they cute!?
3. Enjoy an outdoor concert. *Don't forget your concert must-haves.
4. Take a road trip (even if it's simply to the next town over!).
5. Stargaze on a summer's night.
6. Take a yoga class (hot yoga, anyone?).
7. Throw your own picnic BBQ with friends. These recipes should help!
8. Volunteer! Lend a helping hand to clean up your city or help animals at the shelter.
9. Cool off in the sprinkler like you did as a kid.
10. Make your own homemade popsicles. (BONUS! June is Pride month--show yours with this recipe).
11. Dance. Just take a moment to dance.
12. Challenge yourself to get outside for an hour every day. During the chilly months, it's hard to justify this--you have no excuses now; it's sunny!
13. Learn more about your heritage and genealogy. Ancestry.com is the best tool.
14. Take an art class. You could be the next Van Gogh!
15. Go kayaking. My favorite place to do this is the San Juan Islands (Orcas, more specifically).
16. Keep learning. It's a known fact that children lose some of the knowledge they obtain in school during the summer months if they do not actively engage in learning activities--and adults are no different!
If you're putting a pause on work, or you're a college student, be sure you engage in relevant webinars, seminars and/or conferences during your time away. Twitter chats are a great way to start.
17. Conquer 17 of the things you've been saving on your Pinterest boards this past year!
What are your tips for enjoying the summer in cost effective ways? Share your ideas in the comments!