I've always been a travel junkie! I'm always making various scattered lists for my must-go-to places and events. It can be hard financially to make these dreams come true seeing as how travel, accommodations and time off can all be compared to a unicorn: they don't exist! ;)
One of my greatest adventures was in 2013, when I dropped everything to move across the world to be a live-in nanny in London, England. This time in my life was full of spontaneity. I was able to take advantage of England's close proximity to many other countries. Also, I was only able to barely scratch the surface of what London has to offer, and I was there a full year!
As you may be able to tell, a normal desk job is not going to work for someone like me. I need a job that is going to accept and nurture my love for adventure. After dreaming for years, I was offered a job as a flight attendant for a major airline this summer. I am now writing this post in a hotel room as I currently am working to complete my intensive resident training in Seattle, Washington.
With this opportunity, it is SO MUCH EASIER for me to follow my dreams of traveling the world. I get to wake up in new cities all the time, meet new people and take in the world around me as it grows and changes. I may be incredibly stressed out from training, but even right now I'm prepping my purse for a quick trip to Los Angeles tomorrow (which is also where I'll be based out of)!
Follow my lead and follow your dreams! Here's my ultimate bucket list for everywhere I hope to see in the next year (and beyond!):
1. See the Northern Lights (Fairbanks, Alaska)
2. Swim in the Sea of Stars (Maldives)
3. Attend a Full Moon Party (Thailand)
4. Scuba Dive in the Great Barrier Reef (Australia)
5. Celebrate St. Patrick's Day (Dublin, Ireland)
6. Visit Pompeii (Italy)
7. Ski at Whistler Ski Resort (British Columbia)
8. Attend Wimbledon Tennis Tournament (London, England)
9. Go to Coachella Music Festival (Coachella Valley, Calaifornia)
10. Watch the Times Square Ball Drop (New York City)
11. Learn to Sail (Greece)
12. Attend the Lantern Festival (Chiang Mai, Thailand)
13. Float in the Dead Sea (Jordan)
14. Ride in a Hot Air Balloon Festival (Cappadocia, Turkey)
15. See Machu Picchu (Peru)
What's on your 2017 travel bucket list!? Leave your go-to spots in the comments below!
IF YOU ENJOYED THIS POST,
YOU MAY ENJOY THESE, TOO!
BLOGGER: EMMA CRANE
Emma is a part-time contributor at FashionablyFrank.com, bringing her love for travel and exploration. Since graduating from The Evergreen State College (Washington) in 2013 and living in London, England for almost 1.5 years, she is now a flight attendant with Alaska Airlines. In her spare time, she enjoys embroidery, travel + breakfast food.