Wake Up More Alert in 6 Simple Steps
If you struggle to get a good quality sleep and wake up feeling refreshed, try these 6 steps to feel better, wake up more alert and be ready to tackle the day ahead: 1. Set 3-4 alarms on your phone. The more alarms you set, the more gradually your body will return to waking status. Trust me--it was painful attempting to get up with just one alarm each morning. It's easy when you slowly wake yourself to a conscious state.
2. Sleep on your back. As The Everygirl shares with us, sleeping on your stomach can invoke fluid buildup around the eyes, giving an unwelcoming puffy look. They suggest stacking a couple pillows and sleeping on your back, preventing fluids from building up.
3. Exercise. Doing some brisk exercise in the morning (if you're someone that enjoys a quick jog or run in the AM) can help circulate your blood and get your endorphins goin' for the rest of the day!
4. Make your day easier. Lay out your clothes the night before, pack your snack/lunch for the next day and make your morning routine the simplest it possibly could be.
5. Get that sunshine! Because a bright sun can shut off melatonin production (you know, the thing that makes you sleepy), it's most important to get sunshine and get it as fast as possible after waking up.
6. Prepare a delicious first meal. If your body has something to look forward to, it will likely pop out of bed quicker than if it hadn't anything to look forward to, am I right?
Which tip has been most helpful to you? Have something to add? Leave it in the comments!