Ages ago, blogger Maggie Mason inspired me to create my own "life list" after she posted hers to her website and I found her through a quick Amazon search when I was looking for creative blog post prompt ideas. A few years back, I shared my own life list, "a big 100".
I've preserved the blog post as it was years ago, so you can see how my goals have shifted since then and how many I crossed off. I thought I'd revisit my life list and see how much I can chip away at it in the coming years. Here goes!
2. Publish a teenage confidence self-help book.
3. Publish a children's story book.
6. Live in Canada.
8. Join the movement against cancer.
9. Vacation in Colorado.
10. Meet an idol.
11. Learn hip-hop dancing.
15. Study dog language.
16. Go to a drive-in movie.
17. Eat (more) meat.
18. Take an art class for the enjoyment.
19. Research my family history (both biological and non-biological).
21. Meet a President.
22. Honeymoon in another country.
23. Stay at the Atlantis resort.
25. Become bi-lingual.
26. Design my own shirts.
27. Have a dog as a pet.
28. Attend at least two different universities.
29. Take a road trip.
31. Buy a dress from Nordstrom - full price.
33. Vacation in Newport Beach, California.
34. Experience New Years in Times Square.
35. Shop in "The Big Apple".
36. Join an anti-bullying campaign.
37. Visit Mexico.
38. Vacation in Europe, stopping in Ireland.
39. Dine in a Scottish cafe.
40. Go zip-lining.
41. Learn what it takes to create a social networking website (ex: Facebook).
42. Take a culinary class.
43. Give birth at least once with a doula by my side.
44. Take a self-defense class.
46. Follow through with a detox.
47. Skate on "the" Lake Placid, NY ice rink.
49. Learn to accept spiders.
50. Learn Russian.
51. Tend to an annual garden.
52. Attend the Olympic games.
53. Visit Sergei Grinkov's grave.
54. Gain more knowledge about geography.
55. See a Broadway play (preferably Hamilton).
56. Learn Japanese tea mannerisms.
58. Get a great ground photo of myself by the Eiffel Tower.
59. Go vegan.
61. Re-learn Spanish.
64. Be a "cool, hip" grandma.
65. Go to Coachella.
66. Speak at a convention.
67. Create my own convention.
68. Adopt a child.
69. Own a business for at least 10 years.
70. Have at least 6 team members that I direct.
71. Keep houseplants alive.
72. Write a piece (where is unknown) about owning a business by age 21.
73. Start being more picky about friendships and only investing in the ones that are two-ways.
74. Celebrate a 50 year anniversary with a S/O.
75. Visit the Magnolia Silos.
76. Meet Chip & Joanna Gaines.
77. Double my income in two years (2020).
78. Visit the South.
79. Attend church every Sunday for a year.
80. Join a gym (and actually go).
What's on your list? Do tell! :-)
the blogger: kathryn coffman
Kathryn is the lead contributor + founder at FashionablyFrank.com. Obsessed with leading a life of balance, she started the blog in 2013. Since graduating college in 2016, she is now a digital marketing specialist through her business, Fashionably Frank Marketing. She believes a cup of coffee is the answer to life's problems + that all women should embrace a #girlboss mantra.